No matter the industry or sector of an economy, every business manager or leader (especially those who have grown or are growing into senior management positions) requires a good knowledge of basic accounting, finance, and financial analysis in order to succeed in the critical role of strategically managing and growing the firm’s business.
This programme is designed to sharpen and strengthen the accounting and finance skills of participants necessary for promoting strategic financial decisions for business success; interpreting financial statements for investment and management decisions; presenting sound business reports and performance analysis; making intelligent credit decisions; enhancing better management of relationships with creditors, borrowers, suppliers, distributors, shareholders, etc.; as well as achieving overall career and business growth and success.
To enable every participant (no matter his/her background) gain value from this course, a proper foundation would be laid in basic accounting and finance concepts as well as in the understanding of every item in a company’s financial statement/ annual reports (statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, and the statement of cash flow, etc). The various financial ratios required for making strategic investment, credit and management decisions on any company would be analyzed in a clear and simplified manner
Key Expected Outcomes
At the end of this programme, participants should be able to:
- Gain a working understanding of basic accounting concepts in business.
- Understand and apply key concepts in finance.
- Properly assimilate all information in any company’s annual report.
- Analyze corporate financial statements using relevant ratios.
- Take business and investment decisions by applying the concepts of capital budgeting decisions.
Topics To Be Covered:
The following modules/topics would be handled during the programme:
- Introduction to Basic Accounting
- The Nature Of Finance And Finance Functions
- Key Concepts In Finance
- Sources Of Finance (Debt Versus Equity)
- Understanding A Firm’s Asset Conversion Cycle (ACC)
- Overview Of Corporate Financial Statements
- Understanding The Balance Sheet And Income Statements
- Common-Size Financial Statements
- Understanding Cashflow Statements
- Financial Ratios Analysis
- Cash Budgeting & Projections
- Some Issues and Concepts in Corporate Finance – Debt Restructuring; Capital Restructuring; Mergers & Acquisitions; Venture Capital And Private Equity; Wealth Management; Project Finance And Public Private Partnerships;
Who Should Attend?
- Executives with Non-Finance Background
- Managers and Group Heads
- Project Managers & Team Leads
- Sales Managers
- HR Managers
Course duration: 3 days
Time: 8.30am – 5pm Daily
Course Fees: N105,000.00 Per Participant.