Organizations, businesses, and even individuals operate daily in very dynamic, unpredictable, turbulent, and risky environments. Recent and on-going events including the global financial/economic crises, terrorist attacks, crime incidences, political strife, government policy actions or inactions, and a host of others continue to impact negatively on public and private organizations – sometimes leading to failures, declining profitability, shrinking capital, unanticipated mergers and acquisitions, redundancies, down-sizing activities, and so on.
Smart and forward-looking organizations deploy and promote sound and robust risk management practices, as well as corporate governance and compliance structures and systems at every level or aspect of their operations in order to improve competitive advantage, enhance product and service quality and delivery, minimize costs, maximize business opportunities, increase profitability, and achieve the overall objectives set by board and management.
This well-researched and pragmatic programme is specially designed to enable organizations adopt a world-class approach to Enterprise Risk Management; understand practical issues in ERM Framework design, development, review, and successful implementation; and also promote sound corporate governance and compliance structures and systems.
Topics To Be Covered:
The following modules/topics would be handled during the programme:
- The Domestic and External Risk Factors in Today’s Business Environment
- Why Do Businesses Fail?
- The Concepts and Typology of Risk
- Principles of Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM): A Business Case
- The COSO ERM Framework Model: Understanding the Three Dimensions
- Roles and Responsibilities in Enterprise Risk Management
- Adopting the Three Lines of Defense Model
- The Enterprise Risk Management Processes
- Developing and Reviewing Your Firm’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Towards a Successful ERM Implementation
- Group Exercises and Presentations on ERM
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
- OECD Principles of Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Framework
- Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Success
- Regulatory Oversight in Domestic Financial System
- Key Compliance Imperatives
- Early Warning Signals Analysis
- Strengthening the Audit Function
- Case Studies
- Parting Shots! (Keeping Ahead)
Who Should Attend?
- Executive Management
- Directors and Board Members
- Heads of Department
- Permanent Secretaries
- Chief Executive Officers
Course duration: 3 days
Time: 9am – 5pm Daily
Course Fees: N125,000.00 Per Participant.